Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Feet

The past few days have been rough running. My left foot and knee are causing problems. Today I'm going to see Dr. Brennan, a DO at Seacoast Orthopedics. He handles the sports medicine cases. I've seen him before for plantar fasciitis in my left foot. After weeks of PT didn't eliminate the pain he gave me a cortisone shot in the bottom of my foot. He wasn't kidding when he told me it would hurt. But the shot and orthotics took care of the problem - and stretching has helped keep it at bay.

Today I'm seeing him about my left knee and left foot. This time the foot issue is the ball of my foot - it feels concave - like running with something under the ball of your foot. It's painful but the real reason I'm going is because if there's something I can do now to take care of it, that's preferable than having this become severe a week before the marathon. The left knee - well, that's my 'bad knee'. Always has been easy to tweak. I've been icing it but since it could be causing the foot thing (or vice versus) I figured I better see the doc.

I'm hoping some PT will take care of the problem and let me continue on my training plan. Right now I could take a week off but that little cushion of time is slipping.

Here's to Dr Brennan making my feet happy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment