Sunday, November 20, 2011

4 Months 25 Days Until Boston

I just ran my 4th half-marathon last weekend. I still didn't hit my target time (which is so slow I won't share it) - but I did get a PR (Personal Record) by about 10 minutes. I am definitely as strong a runner as I've ever been. Well, except maybe when I was playing field hockey in college 20+ years ago!!

I'm now in my recovery week - and transitioning to the training plan that Dana-Farber provided. I've opted for the 'Intermediate' plan - only because it starts at the mileage I've been doing in my lead up to the half marathon. I do have to go from running 3 days a week to 4 during this transition period. Which may sound like no big deal - but I'm not as young as I used to be and running back-to-back days is something I've avoided for years.

Dana-Farber provides all kinds of support for us runners. We have training plans, a coach, group runs and lots of help and ideas about raising money. OH - did I forget to mention I am raising money? My Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge Page

No comments:

Post a Comment