Monday, November 21, 2011

Bloody Socks

Did a short little 3 miler today. In the dark with the dog. The temperature dropped about 20 degrees from when I left the house to when I got to the end of the street. My capris were fine but I needed an extra shirt.

Because it was dark, and I had the dog, I decided to try out some new reflectivity gear. They are these strap things that just snap around your arm or leg. They look like these but are not this brand:

I put them on my lower legs. As I ran I was thinking they were sliding down to my ankle - but OK. Until I got home and noticed the blood dripping from the tiny cuts around my ankles. Kurt Schilling's got nothing on me - I ran with a bloody sock!! And let me tell you - when the water in the shower hit my ankles - ouchies!!

Have I mentioned that I'm raising money for Dana-Farber Cancer Research?

No comments:

Post a Comment