Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Weekend = New Attitude

What a difference a couple of days can make. Took two days off, in my two cross-training sessions I eased off on intensity and as a result, a fantastic 21.19 mile run (that .19 counts!). Running with my friend Rebecca for the first 5 set the tone for the run - relaxed, fun - the way it should be. Did the next lap and picked up Brian and Schooner. Schooner was so happy to run with us both for a lap. We did another without the dog to finish off the run. Knee was fine, foot was fine. It rocked!

Aside from the extra rest and the easier cross-training, I also switched from a 5:1 run-walk to a 3:1 interval. It was definitely easier and I'm gonna stick with that for race day. Yes - I am ready and I am gonna make it!

This week I'm not changing my plan, I'm still going to cross-train instead of running on the road during the week and do my long run next weekend. I don't want to jinx anything at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment