Sunday, March 4, 2012

Treadmills, arc trainers and bikes - oh, my!

I ran 10 miles yesterday - with NO pain! Well, my knee hurt last night - but there was no pain during the run! I did 8 on the treadmill and was incredibly bored and tired so I hit the gym's indoor track - which made me nervous because it's really short and therefore really banked. But - still - NO pain! Even after I very stupidly did my last lap as fast as I could (which after 10 miles was probably not all that fast). After the running portion I did the arc trainer and the bike and walked some laps on the track - I think all together I was somewhere around 14-15 miles.

I'm still working with the PT folks at Rehab3 and my tentative plan is to run outside for one of my 3 runs this week, do the rest inside on the arc trainer, and do my long run next weekend at least partly outside. And to run the long run entirely next weekend. The foot is fine - at this point it's all about managing my knee to get me to the start with as little discomfort as possible. It will hurt during the race - everything will hurt during the race and probably for days after. It's all about finishing. The race and the fund raising!!

No comments:

Post a Comment