Friday, March 9, 2012

Pool Dangers

I did 4.5 on the road this week - and the other two runs I did cross-training. Tuesday I did an hour on the arc trainer and went and peeked into the pool area to judge the kid swim-noodle dangers. I watched as they put up "Do Not Cross" yellow tape on the ladders and made everyone leave the family pool. With horror I watched as they got out the skimmer. Baby Ruth bars flashed before my eyes. Plan B was called for.

I went for my first shallow water pool run. Well, the water goes from 3 to 4 feet - not that shallow. Running laps was absolutely exhausting. I could only handle 1/2 hour. My legs were shot - I literally wobbled my way to the locker room. To top it off - even after I showered I still smelt like chlorine.

Tomorrow is my long run - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment