Monday, January 23, 2012

Stupid Saturday Run

Saturday it was snowing, a few inches on the ground, but I thought it would be OK to do 7 miles, stop at the house for my fuel and then do the rest, 8 more. Brian was going to take the dog for 5. I left first and they caught up to me - about 1 mile in - I was standing on the side of the road. I think we both said "This is stupid!" at the same time. It was crazy hard to run, feet slipping out from under me, sliding off the pavement - not good on the ankle, snow building up under the balls of my feet. Just way too hard. Stupid hard.

We finished 4. I changed and hit the dreadmill. I am amazed that I was able to stand 8 on it. It was pure torture. Sunday I finished with 3 more - just so I could hit my total for the week.

Some days you just shouldn't try to run. My feet are still sore. Even the muscles in my toes are sore from trying to grip the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment