Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

This week went pretty well. The blister/wound on my foot is healing slowly and the bruise on top of my foot is getting better. Neither kept me from my runs this week.

I ended the week with my longest run EVER! A 13.5 run on New Year's Eve. The run went pretty well except that some jerk stole the water I'd stashed at mile 7. I kept going - trying to think of a strategy - I was thirsty. I saw a couple returning from grocery shopping - followed their car up the driveway. I startled them when they got out and I asked them to please fill up my bottle for me. They were very nice, invited me in and filled my bottle. I explained to them about the stolen water - they were as disgusted as I was. That was some of the finest water I've ever had. If I hadn't gotten water from them my run would have been miserable.

I ran 745 miles last year. By far the most miles I've ever done in a year. Over 90,000 calories burned! My pace has dropped this year too. The last couple of weeks have been my highest weekly mileage. Getting into those 30+ weeks now - and it's still feeling OK.Can't ask for anything more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment