Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Welcome

Winter has arrived. And I ran in it - or maybe it was INTO it. I think it was a 20 mph headwind last evening when I ran. Most of me was warm enough - it was just the exposed parts - like my face, that bore the brunt of it.

The thing is, running in the cold is sometimes a little painful - you can get an "ice cream headache" from it - but you can cover most of yourself pretty well and you're OK. But I think a cold rain is the absolute worst - well, that and ice. But I don't run in ice. I will run in snowstorms, but not ice storms. Snowstorms can be fun - if the cars are staying off the road - you're all alone and it's beautiful.

The way this winter is going - who knows when the snow will arrive - it's going to warm up again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment