Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hanukkah Wishes

Hectic week. I still have major gift purchases to make. Hanukkah gelt to find for the stockings. Yes, since childhood I've been receiving Hanukkah gelt in my Christmas stocking. It's the chocolate coins. And it's a Jewish tradition. How this ended up being a tradition in my family is something I plan on investigating this weekend. We're not exactly a religious family - and definitely not Jewish.

There's a few other things that *must* be in my stocking. A toothbrush, an orange or clementine and the previously mentioned Hanukkah gelt. I remember the year I got the giant box of crayons in my stocking - the smell made me sneeze and I woke up.

I've got a long run to do Saturday am - followed by Christmas festivities with family - AND a Patriots game. Hectic!

Merry Christmas - hope you all get gelt in your stockings!

No comments:

Post a Comment