Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lighten Up!



This past week was a cutback week for me - total of 17.2 miles for the week. Worked out well that yesterday's run was just a 5 miler. Had to wrap presents and head off to my sister-in-law's and her husbands (Jen and Al) for our Christmas with them. We had a good time with family - got to relax and enjoy the company.


I now have 2 new weapons in the night-time running war. I got my knuckle lights and Jen gave me a light that you attach to your clothing with magnets. (She also gave me a very cool bead that says 13.1 for my half-marathon!)

I've run with 1 knuckle light and it was awesome. I can't wait to wear two!

The magnetic lights I've seen have made me curious - but I wasn't sure how strong the magnets would be. I thought it might fall off while running. Well, there's no worries there - those magnets are STRONG. They won't be falling off - you have to pull hard to separate the two pieces. And you can set the little LED's to blink or run in a number of patterns.
ASICS Hi-Res LED Light
Keep in mind that I also wear a reflective vest and sometimes I wear LED lights on my running hat too. I will be much safer this week - thanks Jen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment