Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sneakers

Apparently I've made a mockery of myself by calling the footwear I run in "running sneakers" instead of "running shoes". I believe one comment went something like, "Wow! I quit wearing sneakers in grade school."

Even my husband commented on it. Honestly, normally, I just call them sneakers. All the sneakers I own are made for running. After I can't wear them for running anymore, I use them for hanging around, shopping, yard work, whatever.

I went to grad school with a woman from Canada - I always thought it was cute that she called her sneakers "runners". Even though she didn't run in them.

So, just to be clear, when I say sneakers, running shoes, running sneakers, runners - I mean the expensive footwear I buy at Runner's Alley in Portsmouth, NH that I do all my training in - whether it's running or weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment